If it’s not broken, don’t fix it, right? Not necessarily. Everything works better when it is regularly maintained, and that’s true for your garage door system as well. When was the last time you had your garage door looked at? If you can’t remember it’s probably been too long. Your garage door is the largest door in your home with several moving parts, yet it’s often neglected until it breaks down. If it’s slowing down, bouncing up, or getting stuck as it moves, it’s time to call.
Scheduling an appointment with Aladdin® Doors to conduct a yearly garage door inspection will save you in the long run. By performing garage door maintenance, our professional garage door technicians will identify potential problems, ensure safe operation, and prevent equipment failures to keep your garage door and opener running all year with no surprise breakdowns. If repairs are needed, we will tell you which ones need to be done immediately and which ones can wait for later.
Why is Garage Door Maintenance Important?
- Without preventative maintenance, small, inexpensive issues can easily become bigger and more expensive problems.
- A well maintained door will open and close smoothly without delay. A neglected door may make a lot of noise and struggle to operate.
- A faulty garage door is a hazard for everyone. When it malfunctions, it could potentially close on someone causing great injury. We will make sure your garage door safety features are intact.
- Garage door springs are the heart of your system. If they aren’t regularly lubricated they can become brittle and snap leading to mechanical and safety issues.
- When your garage door isn’t maintained, it may make it easier for burglars to break into your home.
- Scheduling annual garage door maintenance will eliminate you being stuck outside on extremely hot or cold days because your system failed.
What is included in our Garage Door Maintenance Package?
Our maintenance program includes:
- Checking all mechanical components (i.e., chains, pulleys, rollers, hinges, etc.) for signs of wear
- Checking the tracks for signs of water damage, cracking and debris and adjust as needed
- Lubricating and adjusting the tracks, rollers, and hinges
- Lubricating and adjusting the springs
- Inspecting the door for signs of warping and/or rust
- Testing the garage door opener and safety sensor function
- Ensuring that the bottom seal and weather stripping around the door seals tightly when closed
Schedule Your Garage Door Maintenance With Us
The best way to keep your garage door dependable and safe is to trust your annual preventative maintenance to Aladdin® Doors. With our comprehensive services, you’re guaranteed to be satisfied. Before we leave, we’ll offer you some preventative maintenance tips until your next annual inspection.
Aladdin® Doors is your complete garage door sales and service company here to serve you. Call today to schedule an appointment for garage door maintenance. We look forward to meeting you soon.