If you’ve noticed that your garage door is off track, don’t try to open it! Failure to do so can result in serious damage to your garage door and create a potentially dangerous situation for you and your family. How could this have happened?
Your garage door may have slipped its tracks for several reasons.
- The door may be unbalanced, making one side heavier than the other causing it to go off track.
- Tracks that are damaged or are too loose or too tight will no longer be able to guide the door properly.
- Tracks that are no longer straight prohibit the door from gliding up and down safely and smoothly which can make the door stick or even derail.
- Dirty tracks can cause the door to slide unevenly. Keep your garage clean and swept regularly to avoid a buildup of dirt and sediment in your tracks.
- If you attempted to operate the door opener with the lock engaged, the door could jam and slip off the tracks.
- When safety sensors are not properly working, they may not detect an obstacle in the way and allow the door to close, creating the door to go off track.
- Old springs or old cables that help open and close the door may lose their tension or break and will force the door off track.
Aladdin Garage Door Repair of Maple Grove, MN has over 15 years providing exceptional garage door repair, service, maintenance and sales to both residential and commercial customers. When you call us by 2 pm, we guarantee to service you same day or your service call will be free! We also offer 24/7 emergency service and will be there when you need us most. Call us today at (612) 314-3040 or ask for an appointment online. Let Aladdin Garage Door Repair get your garage door off track in Maple Grove back on track again.