Can you imagine life without your garage door opener? The days of pulling into your driveway during a blizzard or thunderstorm, stopping the car and running out to pull your door open by hand are over. The garage door opener has become a necessity rather than a luxury and has proven to be an essential convenience for the homeowner. Everyone has one.
When it’s time to replace your broken garage door opener, Aladdin Garage Door Repair of St. Paul, MN has what you need. There three basic types of openers: belt driven, chain driven and jackshaft.
- Chain driven openers are the most common and most cost-effective. However, they tend to be noisy and are popular for detached garages.
- Belt driven openers are quieter and are perfect for attached garages where noise can be an issue (when there’s living space above or next to the garage).
- Jackshaft openers mount easily on the wall beside the garage door and are perfect for high or angled ceilings, or when ceiling storage is needed.
What’s basically included in a new garage door opener?
- The motor (½ or ¾ HP)
- Inside wall unit
- One-piece rail
- Wireless remote control(s)
- Safety sensors
- A courtesy light
- A manual emergency release cord
- Outdoor keypad
- Additional remote controls
- Internet gateway (My Q) enabling you to open, close and monitor your garage door from anywhere in the world (not available on all models)
- Battery backup (not available on all models)
Aladdin Garage Door Repair of St. Paul, MN has a wide inventory of openers. Call us today at (612) 314-3040 or fill out our online request form to set up an appointment for your new garage door opener. We look forward to meeting you and your garage door very soon!